Discover the acclaimed UNESCO-protected World Heritage Climats of Burgundy up close with our Climats Experience. Compare the multiple expressions of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, across Burgundy’s rich maze of villages and terroir, to other wine regions of the world. Learn how to professionally taste wine with a Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) trained professional wine advisor.
What You’ll learn
- Burgundy terroirs classification, winemaking techniques, and what makes the region the envy of the wine world.
- The multiple expressions of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay across Burgundy
- A comparison of Burgundy wines to other regional wines
- Wine history of Burgundy and Château de Pommard’s storied past
- The rich soils and diverse terroir of Clos Marey-Monge
- How to taste wine using professional tasting elements such as color, aromas and flavours, sweetness, acidity, tannins, body, balance, and length.
All the essentials
- Taste five wines, including four from Famille Carabello-Baum and Château de Pommard and one Pinot Noir from the world
- Be guided by WSET-trained Professionals around the Château
- Visit Clos Marey-Monge, the 18th Century Cellars
- Understand the mystery of the villages and appellations of Burgundy
- Discover how to professionally taste wine in a Private Tasting Room
- Access to our Burgundy Conciergerie Services and Welcome Lounge
- Combine with our JEUNESSE Experience and we entertain your kids
What You’ll Taste
With our Climats Experience, you will be invited to swirl and sip a selection of 5 wines.
- 1 Famille Carabello-Baum Chardonnay from Château de Pommard
- 1 Famille Carabello-Baum Pinot Noir from Château de Pommard
- 2 vintages of Château de Pommard Clos Marey-Monge Monopole
- 1 Pinot Noir from the world
Definitely worth a visit!
“We booked our visit at the castle in advance and were not disappointed. Our visit and wine tasting were great. Our guide was friendly and very informative. We got all information about castle history, winemaking, soil, terroir and everything we needed about the wines. Definitely worth a visit when in Burgundy!”
“Beautiful winery with excellent Burgundy wine!”
“You can see the quality of the vineyard the moment you step onto the property. The people here clearly love what they are doing.”
Tampa, Florida USA
“Our visit was the most impressive all around.”
“Our Wine Experience ended in a private tasting room with samples of 8 wines in total and 7 of Burgundy’s Village, Premier Cru and Grand Cru appellations.”
Washington, DC District of Columbia USA