Discover the acclaimed UNESCO-protected World Heritage Climats of Burgundy up close with our Climats Experience. Compare the multiple expressions of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, across Burgundy’s rich maze of villages and terroir, to other wine regions of the world. Learn how to professionally taste wine with a Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) trained professional wine advisor.
More Than a Vineyard Tour - a Learning Experience
- Burgundy terroirs classification, winemaking techniques, and what makes the region the envy of the wine world.
- The multiple expressions of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay across Burgundy
- A comparison of Burgundy wines to other regional wines
- Wine history of Burgundy and Château de Pommard’s storied past
- The rich soils and diverse terroir of Clos Marey-Monge
- How to taste wine using professional tasting elements such as color, aromas and flavours, sweetness, acidity, tannins, body, balance, and length.
An All-round Wine Tasting and Discovery
- Taste five wines, including four from Famille Carabello-Baum and Château de Pommard and one Pinot Noir from the world
- Be guided by WSET-trained Professionals around the Château
- Visit Clos Marey-Monge, the 18th Century Cellars
- Understand the mystery of the villages and appellations of Burgundy
- Discover how to professionally taste wine in a Private Tasting Room
- Access to our Burgundy Conciergerie Services and Welcome Lounge
- Combine with our JEUNESSE Experience and we entertain your kids
Your Wine Tasting Plan
With our Climats Experience, you will be invited to swirl and sip a selection of 5 wines.
- 1 Famille Carabello-Baum Chardonnay from Château de Pommard
- 1 Famille Carabello-Baum Pinot Noir from Château de Pommard
- 2 vintages of Château de Pommard Clos Marey-Monge Monopole
- 1 Pinot Noir from the world
Definitely worth a visit!
“Very warm and welcoming. Very knowledgeable and very personable. You cannot do better!”
US – April 2018
“Beautiful winery with excellent Burgundy wine!”
“The visit was just great and we felt welcomed by our host who gave us a brief but consistent explanation about the terroirs and the history of Pommard.”
Brazil – January 2018
“Our visit was the most impressive all around.”
“Our advisor was very friendly and knowledgeable. He provided us with a great background on the region and where each wine came from that we tasted. We had a wonderful time!”
Germany – May 2018