Grab your glass and travel with Cedar Stoltenow, your Wine Advisor, on a virtual tour of Burgundy’s largest Monopole vineyard, Château de Pommard’s Clos Marey-Monge.
Cedar originally moved from Fargo to France in 2006 to spend a year learning French, and finally left in 2012 to pursue her education and career in Artificial Intelligence. However, after several years in the field, she decided to abandon the robots for the even more complex study of wine. Cedar has spent a harvest in New Zealand, interned with Knightsbridge Winery in Napa Valley, and passed her WSET 3 in August 2018. In 2019, she started Un Pot de Vin, offering sommelier and wine consultant services in Chicago, and writing for wine publications around the world. Cedar joined Château de Pommard full-time in January 2020, and today she is based in Chicago, traveling frequently to France. She appreciates the chance to read, write, talk, and drink wine with people from around the world.
About the Experience
Join us for a virtual tour of Burgundy’s largest Monopole vineyard, Château de Pommard’s Clos Marey-Monge. Discover the diversity of soil and microclimate, just a few of the natural factors that make our wines so special.
From July 1-September 30 we are offering “en-premier” pricing - a 15% savings on all of our 2018 Clos Marey-Monge wine collections! With advance purchase, you can taste three of our lauded 2018 Pinot Noirs in real time with your Wine Advisor: Micault, 75 Rangs and our flagship Clos Marey-Monge Monopole blend.
Of course you may still join us without having the wines and you will have the opportunity to purchase the featured wines, and others, after the event if you wish.
We sincerely hope to be back in a city near you soon to offer an in-person tasting experience. But there’s no reason to stop learning and enjoying fabulous Burgundy wines in the meantime!
What will I learn?
- Delve into Pinot Noir, Clos Marey-Monge’s iconic grape variety
- Better understand the Burgundian concept of “terroir”
- Learn more about our winemaker, Emmanuel Sala, and his masterful blend for Clos Marey-Monge Monopole
- Better understand biodynamic winemaking techniques and their effects on wine’s taste
- Perfect your wine tasting skills with our WSET-trained Wine Advisors
What will I taste?
- Château de Pommard Clos Marey-Monge Micault 2018
- Château de Pommard Clos Marey-Monge 75 Rangs 2018
- Château de Pommard Clos Marey-Monge Monopole 2018
- Order one of the matching Clos Marey-Monge Collections (three or six bottles) to taste along at home
- You can join the experience without purchasing the wines
- Limited to 30 people
- Sessions will be conducted through Zoom webinars