Burgundy From Above Experience
The magic of Burgundy in the air
An extraordinary Experience combining the magic of Burgundy wines with a hot air balloon ride over the acclaimed UNESCO World Heritage Climats of Burgundy. Dive into the diversity of our terroirs with our passionate and WSET trained wine advisors. In addition, in partnership with The French Hot Air Balloon Company, experience the vineyards from above and be amazed by the beauty of the landscapes.
During Burgundy-From-Above you will discover
- The Burgundy Climats, classification and grapes, as well as their variations around the world.
- The seven different terroirs of our vineyard, Clos Marey-Monge and the biodynamic winemaking techniques.
- How to professionally taste wine with a WSET trained wine advisor
- In the air, the balloon pilot will show you Côte de Beaune and detail the scenery while you sway to the rhythm of the wind.
Our Burgundy Tasting Experience
Taste five wines from Château de Pommard and Famille Carabello-Baum
Taste wine like a professional
Combine with our Jeunesse Experience and offer your kids the opportunity to discover the journey of the grape while you taste
In Partnership with The French Hot Air Balloon Company
More than 25 years ago, The French Hot Air Balloon Company was created here in Burgundy. It is one of the few balloon companies in France which is fully licensed to carry passengers by the Civil Aviation Authority (DGAC). Flying approximately 8 500 passengers per year, their experience, passion and professionalism helps ranking the company to one of the best balloon companies in France.
A stunning view of the Burgundy area
Château de Pommard is located a few kilometers from Beaune, in the heart of Burgundy. Protected from the winds by a wall erected in the nineteenth century, its 20 hectares now constitute the largest private monopoly of Côte d’Or. Since 2015, Clos Marey-Monge has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site alongside the Climats of the Burgundy vineyards. Can you imagine a better classroom?
Book Your Burgundy From Above Experience
- Duration 4 hours: 1 hour tasting at Château de Pommard, 3 hours balloon experience with transport and preparations (1 hour in the air)
- Price 205€, Monday – Friday 232€, Weekends & Bank Holidays
- Tasting 5 wines
- Type Individual bookings, or groups up to 12 people