Bring home two of the most Burgundian delicacies
Did you know that the last independent mustard maker was based in Burgundy? La Moutarderie Fallot is actually only 5 min by car away from the Château de Pommard. During this experience, you will explore the acclaimed UNESCO World Heritage Climats of Burgundy. You will learn all about vineyard classifications and winemaking techniques. Following the wine tasting experience at Château de Pommard, you will discover La Moutarderie Fallot in Beaune, where you will have the opportunity to create your own mustard.
During the Mustard Experience you will discover
- The Burgundy Climats, classification and grapes, as well as their variations around the world.
- The seven different terroirs of our vineyard, Clos Marey-Monge and the biodynamic winemaking techniques.
- The art of making a delicious mustard
- Follow the mustard from the seed to the table, including tasting at La Moutarderie Fallot
Our Burgundy Tasting Experience
Taste five wines from Château de Pommard and Famille Carabello-Baum
Learn how to taste wine like a professional with our WSET trained Wine Advisors
Combine with our Jeunesse Experience and offer your kids the opportunity to discover the journey of the grape while you taste
In Partnership with La Moutarderie Fallot
Fallot Mustard Mill, the first French museum facility dedicated to mustard, invites you to find out all about this legendary condiment on a museum tour which is perfect for beginners. The Discovery Tour is a fun interactive circuit in a timeless setting that will tantalize your sense of smell like no other. It takes visitors on a journey through the ages, teaching them about the techniques and traditions associated with mustard and its history.
A stunning Burgundy area
Château de Pommard is located a few kilometers from Beaune, in the heart of Burgundy. Protected from the winds by a wall erected in the nineteenth century, its 20 hectares now constitute the largest private monopoly of Côte d’Or. Since 2015, Clos Marey-Monge has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site alongside the Climats of the Burgundy vineyards.
Book Your Mustard Experience
- Duration 3 hours: 1-hour tasting at Château de Pommard, 90-minute mustard experience in Beaune (a 5-minute drive from the Château)
- Price 41€
- Tasting 5 wines and mustard
- Type Public, up to 8 people